A fun 60 minute or 90 minute candle making or soap making excursion / incursion at school. Ideal for school holiday programs or in school programs.
Budding chandlers and soap makers will create their own unique creations with our guidance (depending on which package you choose - see below).
The children will choose your own candle glass colours, embellishments and phthalate free fragrances.
For younger kids, we can focus on making it more of an experience. older kids, participants can use mathematical techniques to obtain practical solutions to concrete challenges.
No experience required. Suitable for beginners.
Download our brochure with package options here
* Includes all tools and materials.
* Kids select their candle glass colours, dyes, embellishments and fragrance oils.
*Participants receive a candle or soap making certificate.
*Materials are all vegan, phthalate free, palm oil free IFRA approved.
Aprons and goggles will be provided.
Participants should ideally wear close toed shoes and long sleeves while candle making.
We use pure soy wax which dissolves easily in warm water when washed and has a low melting point.
Educators have Working With Children Checks.
Curriculum: This depends on age group. We group similar ages together.
For younger kids: This is more experience based.
For older kids:
- How to measure the correct amount of wax for the vessel.
- Converting water to wax through 'relative density'
- Calculating wax and fragrance for multiple vessels
- Fragrance ratios
- Volume vs weight
- Q & A
- To learn more please read this blog and this blog We work with each school to ensure that the content fits with your curriculum and context.
- Trainer holds current TAE qualification
Please read our workshop terms and conditions here. In purchasing this workshop, you are agreeing to these terms.
* A 50% deposit is required to confirm the requested date. The balance is due 7 days prior to your event.
To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred date and time and we will email you a formal quote.