Reconnect with your creative side!
Join other beginners for a fun, hands on 90 minute interactive workshop in Mornington on the Mornington peninsula, Melbourne. No prior knowledge or experience required. Bring your friends, or arrive solo to meet new people on this creative adventure.
Our in-house soy candle making expert will guide you through this unique activity and by the end of this class, you will have created two gorgeous handmade candles to enjoy at home!
- A complimentary glass of bubbly or juice on arrival!
- Two candles to take home
- Select your glass colour and dye colour
- All products used in the workshop are cruelty free, vegan, palm oil free and phthalate free. Choose your fragrances from our phthalate free fragrance library of: Watermelon, Vanilla Bean, Salted Caramel, Rose Victorian, Pina Colada, Persian Lime and Lemongrass, Coconut Lime, Blueberry Cheesecake and 1 Million.
- Instruction and all materials included
- DIY booklet to remind you of the process when you get home.
- Leave with the confidence to give it a go from home! Feel free to contact us with questions after the workshop
The Nook Gallery & Studios, 18 Progress Street, Mornington (accommodates 10-25) OR Spare Parts Arts Space, 5/11-13 Diane Street, Mornington (accommodates maximum of 12) Please check the location information on the calendar while booking your preffered date.
- Just bring your enthusiasm!
- BYO additional beverages and snacks if you like. There is a kitchen available.
- An apron will be provided. We suggest you wear comfortable close toed shoes and a long sleeve top in case of splashes. Soy wax is water soluble so will wash out of fabric easily.
- The benefits of soy wax over other candle waxes
- How to correctly wick container candles
- How to scent your candles
- Safety tips
- The science behind the art
- Equipment and materials required
- How to measure correctly and how to conduct burn tests
- Q + A
- Our workshops are held on the ground floor.
- Your candles will take around two hours to set. We will provide you with a cardboard tray in which to transport them. Or, we can post your candles to you later for $10 per person - this is an optional extra.
- If you would like to create one additional large candle, this can be purchased for an additional $40 - see optional extras
- Candle making kits will be available for purchase at the workshop. Merchant facilities are available on site.
- This class requires at least 10 guests to run. In the unlikely event that we don't reach this number, we'll offer you other dates to reschedule, so please watch your email/SMS one day prior to the class.
If you are booking a private event, we will check your requested dates and times against availability. You're welcome to bring your favourite play list and catering.
$120 inc GST per participant