Kids 2.5 Hour Soy Candle Making Workshop (*Or Full Day Program Option with Melt & Pour Soapmaking)Learn To Make Soy Candles
Cost:$69.00 – $119.00 per person
Duration:2h 30min – 14h 30min
About this experience
A fun and educational workshop for the kids' school holidays!
Class session times:
10am-12.30pm soy candle making
Each kids’ holiday workshop is a drop-off program on the Mornington Peninsula.
- There will be a minimum of ten and maximum of 25 children per program.
- The program is designed for children aged 7 – 16 years old.
- We break to play games, win prizes, and have fun.
- The kids will make 3 creations to take home.
- Educators: All staff have a current working with children check.
- Kids should wear close toed shoes and a long sleeve top while candle making. The children will also be supplied with aprons, and with goggles when pouring the candles.
- We only use pure soy wax which dissolves easily in warm water and has a very low melting point.
- Our fragrances are phthalate free.
- We will be melting the wax in a separate area, and kids will be supervised when pouring their candles.
- The different types of wax used to make candles and the benefits of soy wax over other waxes.
Candle wicks - how wicks sizes work and how to correctly wick a candle.
- Your child will choose 3 different fragrances and 3 candle containers.
equipment and materials.
- how to measure fragrance and wax correctly.
- We serve popcorn, fruit, corn chips and water during the candle making program break.
- If your child has allergies, or doesn't like the food options, you can supply your own nut free snacks. Please alert us to any allergies in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org Please also alert our facilitators on the day at drop off. Children who have an anaphylactic allergy must bring an EpiPen. Children who don’t have an EpiPen, won’t be able to stay.
A Full Day Workshop is also available: We run a melt and pour soap making activity in the afternoon 1.30am-4.00pm. Book the soap making program on its own here, or complete both the morning and the afternoon program.
During the one-hour break between the candle making and soap making programs, children are fully supervised by our experienced staff. They can eat their own home packed lunch and participate in down-time activities such as drawing, puzzles and crafts. If your child is staying for the full day, please pack them a nut free lunch to eat during the supervised one hour lunch break between programs.
Please read our terms and conditions here. In purchasing this workshop, you are agreeing to these terms.
In the event that this workshop cannot run as a result of Covid, we will run it as a virtual workshop, and can mail out kits to each participant. If you would prefer to move dates to a live workshop in future, we can arrange a credit instead.
Your expert chandler is Nicole Tomazic-Spanger. An assistant will also be present for groups of over 12.